The Web Marketing Process - Stage 1:
How is your Website Found?
There is no point in having a great website if no-one knows about it. This is like having a box of brochures sitting in your storeroom.
Yet this is what over half of the websites on the internet are like. The business has got a graphic designer to build them a great looking website, but they have never done any online marketing of it. The only way someone might hear about the website is through a business card or similar. Even here we find many businesses forgetting to have their website address on their traditional advertising material.
So what are the main ways of getting your website found?
- Traditional Strategies - Radio, Newspaper, Signage etc
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) - getting your website ranked in search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo etc). The higher in the list the better.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) - paying to advertise on the Search Engines (Google Adwords, Pay per Click)
- Online Directories - Yellow Pages, True Local, Hot Frog etc)
- Google Places - Google maps place page
- Newsletters - email marketing to your database
- Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Blogging etc
These are not all of the possible strategies, but they are a good cross section and cover most of the services that we can help you with.
But what about the Click Thru Rate?
Don't forget that getting your website found is only quarter of the equation. Now you need to work out what your click thrus are and improve them.